Monday, February 20, 2012

Leap Year Traditions



 It's really been a mix of summer and winter here this year.  I've never experienced a February like this.  Braam and I went for a walk in his wagon yesterday and while our cheeks and noses were pink, I was thinking about how much fun summer is going to be this year with a two year old.   There are so many things I want to expose him to, and watch as he experiences them for the first time.

It made me think of a layout I did earlier in January.  We, as parents, always have the best intentions, but our plans can sometimes go amiss.  Case in point: Labor Day Parade 2010.  It started late.  We arrived early.  It rained.  We got wet.   It was cold.  I dressed everyone is shorts and tees.  It was loud.  Braam cried.

We'll try again next year.

Supplies:
CTMH Fanfare paperpack
CTMH stamps


Another example: Winter Lake Walk.  Every year I love to go for a walk on our lake when it's frozen over.  Little problem: it hasn't completely frozen over yet this year!  Now, I like to call myself adventurous, but not with the half frozen lake thing.  And I don't care if the lone fisherman thinks it's just fine.  YOUR ALONE, CRAZY!!! Take a hint.  So, I did this layout of last year's walk and hope that the annual tradition just has this one leap year.

Supplies:
CTMH Wonderland papers, Flurries DE, rubons, buttons
K&Company purple letters
Twine

No comments:

Post a Comment